Communication of managers, like many other specialists, has long moved online. It is convenient to be able to work on documents online. This saves time and allows you to make various decisions faster.
Tools for working with documents in real-time
You can create documentation, protocols, orders online using special programs. You can learn more about this in the article https://boardroommind.com/board-meeting-minutes-guide/.
The most popular programs not only for online meetings of the company’s board but for joint work on documents are BoardEffect, BoardManagement, Diligent, Boardvantage, and others.
Benefits of online document management
E-business is a direct way to increase the transparency of business processes. The introduction of an electronic system for working with documents allows you to manage the processes of their creation, receipt, execution, storage. Thanks to the specifics of such systems, the management of the enterprise and heads of departments can quickly and conveniently track all the business processes of the organization.
- Another important advantage of electronic document management over paper is an increase in the percentage of order completion. According to statistics, employees do not carry out most of the orders of their superiors. Managers of an enterprise that has implemented electronic document management have the opportunity to monitor the pace and quality of all work processes, as well as see the result of the work of employees.
- The processing and execution of documents take significantly less time because electronic documentation is created, searched, processed, and distributed much faster than usual. In addition, all kinds of summaries, registers, and reports are compiled automatically. As a result, work is performed more efficiently and quickly, which leads to a noticeable optimization of business processes.
- The e-business system also enhances data security. The system administrator assigns each user access to documents on an individual basis by his authority. Accordingly, he will only be able to read, edit documents, or will have unlimited rights to create, modify and delete documents. The system keeps records of all actions of each user, which allows you to track the history and authors of all changes.
- The issue of security occupies a fundamentally important place in the organization of work with documents. Unwanted actions can lead to the worst consequences and huge losses. This problem is especially acute in paper office work when the document is quite easy to take and give to a third party. Electronic document management does not exclude such a situation, however, it allows you to quickly check who and when used the documents with which something happened.
- The introduction of electronic document management is also an opportunity to speed up the training of new employees and optimize the launch of new processes in the enterprise. If with paper-based office work, conveying information to each employee individually took a lot of time, then electronic documents can significantly optimize this process, and it takes much fewer resources to familiarize yourself with instructions or rules.
It is also worth mentioning that international standards change frequently, and electronic document management helps to adapt to their changes. As soon as new standards appear, an organization that has implemented electronic office work quickly changes document templates and maintains a high level of competitiveness.
Electronic document management implies the formation of single information space in which all departments of the organization work. Involving employees in the company’s processes helps to improve the overall level of the corporate culture.